Monday 18 October 2010

Blog Update -- Fallout: New Vegas, and other things!

Hi all,

Well we've finally reached the first BIG release week of 2010's gaming season, with what is probably one of the most anticipated games of the year dropping into stores - Fallout: New Vegas, and not forgetting Vanquish coming in alongside it.

With a game as expansive as Fallout, it takes a lot of time to really see what the title can offer and get a real feel for it, and as I'm just an average Joe who purchases and plays games at the street date just like everyone else, without getting a review copy, it could be weeks - if not longer - before I may feel like I knew enough to write a cohesive review. And let's be honest, reviewing a month old game is pointless.

So what I propose is this:

Starting this Friday or Saturday (remember, I'm in the UK!), I will begin posting a daily or bi-daily series called "The Wasteland Chronicle" which will act as somewhat of a review-in-progress, as I post my thoughts and opinions on what I have done throughout my time playing to that point. Will I do a final review once I finish it? Probably.

I'll also be checking out Vanquish, but I'm not sure if that'll be this week or later.

Finally, I have a review for Enslaved: Odyssey to the West half finished and I intend to give my thoughts on the new Pure Reason Revolution album, but have really been struggling to play through games, watch movies, etc. and review them while doing university work at the same time - so try and bare with me!

See you around,
BR

No comments:

Post a Comment